ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management Systems
ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programmes and HACCP plans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
ISO 22000 can be integrated with companies existing ISO management system, for example, ISO 9001 can be integrated with their food safety management system.
Certifying your food management system against the requirements of ISO 22000 will bring the following benefits to your organization:
- Applicable to all organizations in the global food supply chain
- A truly global international standard
- Provides potential for harmonization of national standards
- Covers the majority of the requirements of the current retailer food safety standards
- Complies with the Codex HACCP principles
- Provides communication of HACCP concepts internationally
- An auditable standard with clear requirements which provides a framework for third-party certification
- Suitable for regulators
- The structure aligns with the management system clauses of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Enables communication about hazards with partners in the supply chain
VEGAS CG Certification Process
VEGAS CG has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know more information about the certification process by VEGAS CG