Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000:2005 is a food safety management standard for organizations in the food chain Industry. An organization in the food chain industry which needs to demonstrate its control over food related hazards requires a Food safety management system that is prescribed by ISO 22000:2005 standard that was developed by the Technical Committee ISO/TC 34, Food products.
Greater control over food safety hazards is necessary as food safety hazards can occur in any stage of the food chain and it involves equal effort out of all parties involved with the food chain.
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Prerequisite programmes
- Establish critical control points
ISO 22000 Salient features :
Provides monitoring system, corrective actions for operational PRPs,CCPs.
ISO 22000 demands updataion according result of oPRPs and HACCP plan.
ISO 22000 requires continual improvement and FSM System Updates.
ISO 22000 Establishes Internal, external communication implementing.
Allergen control is a required prerequisite program in ISO 22000 etc.
Benefits of ISO 22000
- Compliance to food safety regulations help reach greater global markets.
- Pro actively addressing food safety concerns helps gain public confidence and win more customers.
- Improving and streamlining internal process and production minimizes food safety risk.
- Cost reduction – One comprehensive standard. Don’t need another.
Who can Use ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System?
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management system designed by the experts in a way which can be used by any organisation involved in food chain irrespective of their size or geographical location.
How Vegas CG Can Help You ?
You get much more than just a certificate with Vegas CG as your audit and certifications partner, Vegas CG provides valuable tools to reduce documentation, and helps identify cost savings, and provides assistance in avoiding deviation of an original process.
Our Team of experts function as part of your management team and help your organisation achieve greater benefits of the management system.
Certification Process :
VCG shall initially review the client enquiry and send them a questionnaire for their completion. Based on the completed questionnaire from the client VCG will take a decision for certification, for which a quote will be sent to the client for 3 years of certification period. Click here to know more information about the certification process.
Stages of Certification conformity assessment
STAGE 1 – Document review & Initial visit
- To verify how well the organisation has understood requirements of the standard and there progress.
- Collect information on the scope of the management system, organisations related statutory, regulatory and legal compliance aspects.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Man-day by the audit team.
- The Duration for Stage 2 Audit will be decided based on the Non-Conformance raised during Stage 1.
STAGE 2 -Initial Assessment – On Site
- To evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of your management system.
- To evidence that the management system conforms to the standard & other requirements.
- Conformance to internal auditing and management review management responsibility for your organisation’s policies
- The Report records the results of the assessment, any areas for improvement and any identified and agreed non-conformities.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Audit day by the audit team.
Themed Surveillance Audit
To make sure your management system is still effective, and to follow up on the progress that has been made since last visit. Visits occur at regular intervals of 1yrs from date of previous audit.
The surveillance visits aim to confirm that the approved management system continues to:
- To be maintained
- To be operational
- Deliver continual improvements.
A detailed report will be submitted by the assessor’s team including long term improvement, record findings, Feedback to senior management. System weaknesses & impact that can adversely on the business.