ISO 22716 – Cosmetics GMP
Consumers are becoming more and more concerned about the safety of the cosmetic products they are using. Fears of allergies and dermatitis caused by tainted or poisoned cosmetics have been ever-present in recent years. Certain ingredients used in cosmetics, such as fragrances and preservatives, can trigger an allergic reaction.
Obviously, these ingredients play a pivotal role in the cosmetic products of our choice and correct dosing of these substances therefore is of key importance to avoid irritation of the skin through over-exposure. Examples of over-exposure to preservatives have frequently been observed in several historic cases.
The introduction of ISO 22716 marks a major step in the realisation of a globally recognised standard for cosmetic products safety.
- Integrates the typical requirements for product and process quality Good Manufacturing Practices requirements with other Quality guidance, for example as laid down in the prerequisites for ISO 9001;
- Allows for easy implementation in organisations of all sizes and levels of complexity;
- Forms an internationally accepted basis for quality and safety compliance in the cosmetic products supply chain;
- Fosters legal compliance as adopted by regulators around the world; and
- Controls and reduces cosmetic products hazards and promotes continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
VEGAS CG Certification Process
VEGAS CG has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know more information about the certification process by VEGAS CG