Social Accountability - Compliance
SA8000 is a standard that encourages organizations to develop, maintain, and apply socially acceptable practices in the workplace. It was developed in 1997 by Social Accountability International.The SA8000 streamlines the complexities of navigating industry and corporate codes SA800 is globally accepted tool in measuring, comparing, and verifying social accountability in the workplace.
SA8000 certification is a management systems standard, modelled on ISO standards.The management systems criteria require that facilities seeking to gain and maintain certification must go beyond simple compliance to the standard, but also integrate it into their management systems and practices and demonstrate ongoing conformance with the standard.SA8000 is based on the principles of international human rights norms as described in International Labour Organisation conventions, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Eight Performance criteria of SA800
SA800 measures the performance of companies in eight areas important to social accountability in the workplace :
Health and Safety
Working Hours and
Free Association and
Tools Measure and Improve:
Self-Assessment: self-assessment is a tool which provides a baseline score of the organization’s management system maturity.
Independent Evaluation: The independent evaluation helps the organization identify strengths and weaknesses in its management system.
Rating Chart: The tool gives organization’s maturity level in each of the ten categories listed above.The results facilitate organization identify areas to be improved.
Who can Use SA 8000 ?
SA 8000 Social Accountability Compliance is designed by the experts which can be used by any organisation, irrespective of their size or geographical location.
How Vegas CG Can Help You ?
You get much more than just a certificate with Vegas CG as your audit and certification partner, Vegas CG provides valuable tools to reduce documentation, and helps identify cost savings, and provides assistance in avoiding deviation of an original process.
Our Team of experts function as part of your management team and help your orginisation achieve greater benefits of the management system.
VCG shall initially review the client enquiry and send them a questionnaire for their completion. Based on the completed questionnaire from the client VCG will take a decision for certification, for which a quote will be sent to the client for 3 years of certification period.Click here to know about more information of the certification process.
Stages of Certification Conformity Assessment
STAGE 1 – Document review & Initial visit
- To verify how well the organisation has understood requirements of the standard and there progress.
- Collect information on the scope of the management system, organisations related statutory, regulatory and legal compliance aspects.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Man-day by the audit team.
- The Duration for Stage 2 Audit will be decided based on the Non-Conformance raised during Stage 1.
STAGE 2 -Initial Assessment – On Site
- To evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of your management system.
- To evidence that the management system conforms to the standard & other requirements.
- Conformance to internal auditing and management review management responsibility for your organisation’s policies
- The Report records the results of the assessment, any areas for improvement and any identified and agreed non-conformities.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Audit day by the audit team.
Themed Surveillance Audit
To make sure your management system is still effective, and to follow up on the progress that has been made since last visit. Visits occur at regular intervals of 1yrs from date of previous audit.
The surveillance visits aim to confirm that the approved management system continues to:
- To be maintained
- To be operational
- Deliver continual improvements.
A detailed report will be submitted by the assessor’s team including long term improvement, record findings, Feedback to senior management. System weaknesses & impact that can adversely on the business.