Every business that aims to maintain a quality standard should look for ways to reduce business costs without sacrificing quality. This may work for any business but to be specific with steel piping projects just simply changing the material specifications does not provide businesses a cost-beneficial advantage. Adapting the best practices and maintaining the quality standards serves the best way to improve the steel piping project, considering the best option to save on the steel piping project is being adhered to API 5L standards.
The API 5L specification, 46th edition is applied for line pipe to transport oil and natural gas. It provides more valuable contributions to the safety and quality of industry operations.
Below are the reasons that showcase how API 5L Monogram helps to save more on steel piping project.
Why API 5L Monogram Necessary for Piping Project?
- To consider, for any piping project it is significant to perform a hydrostatic leak test and 100% NDE or destructive testing. Whereas products after installation are filled with concrete it is not necessary to perform these tests and here API 5L serves an alternative way covering almost all the aspects of testing and greatly saves cost.
- Never to compromise on quality, it is always important to know what products are readily available to meet your needs and ensure that you are not adding unnecessary costs to the project, API 5L has the right set of a defined process to cut down cost and delivers quality and competitive steel casing and/or pipe piling.
- API 5L grade steel pipes were developed exclusively for the transportation of natural gas for petroleum industries, where there are lots of risk possibilities the standards are considered the highly qualified grade which is cost-effective and safer compared to other grades.
- Includes only extensive testing for that purpose including hydrostatic testing, non-destructive, and destructive testing.
- Various types of utilities such as water mains, gas pipes, fibre optic cables can be protected if manufactured considering API 5L standard to other grades, API 5L help businesses save more in time-consuming functionalities and other required performance to be done in manufacturing, opting for the right solution will always bring business reputation and standard.
Grades covered by this specification are A25, A, B and “X” Grades X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, and X80. The two-digit number following the “X” indicates the minimum yield strength (in 000’s PSI) of pipe produced to this grade.
Applications and Benefits of API 5L Line Pipe:
- Gas, water and oil transportation – Preferred in long pipelines due to inexpensiveness
- Pipeline steel – Resistance to crack propagation
- Line pipe and sour service line pipes
Reach us to know the API 5L line pipe standard in detail and follow us to keep track of our recent updates that rightly helps you. Want to get API 5L Monogram Certification on your equipment and materials must apply to API 5L Certification. Contact Vegas Consulting for your business to meet the requirements of API 5L Specification, 46th edition.