ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 EMS helps to maintain the Environment around us, by following certain management standards. Companies adopting ISO 14001 EMS are well placed against their competitors and are duly recognized at the global level.
Environmental regulations are getting stricter, and so is the law enforcement. Customers and shareholders increasingly demand that businesses diminish the environmental impact from their business, demonstrate what they do, and how they improve. An Environmental Management System helps your organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency.
An ISO 14001 implementation and certification proves that your Environmental Management System has been measured against a best practice standard and found compliant.
ISO 14001:2015 is a part of a series of international standards applicable to any organization, anywhere relating to environmental management. Based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, ISO 14001:2015 provides a framework and specifies the most important requirements to identify, control and monitor the environmental aspects of any organization, and also how to manage and improve the whole system. Sustainable development is the core principle of ISO 14001:2015.
Key Benefits of ISO 14001: 2015
Requirements for a quality management system, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Customer, investor, public, community assurance by demonstrating commitment
- Improving cost control through conserving input materials and energy
- Reducing incidents that result in liability, therefore reducing insurance costs
- Assisting the attainment of permits and authorizations for local trade.
- Creation of knowledge database for effective exchange of company knowledge.
- Stakeholder and Risk management
- High Level Structure (HLS) to easily integrate with more than one standard
What topics does ISO 9001:2015 cover?
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Labels and Declarations
- Environmental Performance Evaluation
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Environmental Communication
- Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Monitoring
Difference between ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015:
- New model providing a framework instead of sequence of activities
- High Level Structure
- Flexible documentation requirement
- Assessment of value chain (design, manufacturing, life cycle etc)
- Emphasis on evaluation and its evidence
- Top management accountability
Integrated Management System:
Vegas CG offer consultancy for the possibility of integrated and/or combined management system with other standards such as ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 which now transition as ISO 45001 or with other sector-specific schemes eg: API Q1,API Q2 etc..
This delivers greater efficiency, consistency, and optimization of management system within the organization resulting in various good factors for the growth the organization.
Key Benefits of ISO 14001
Implementing ISO 14001 really helps your company in the following way.
- Boosts your image
- Compliance with Environmental Legislation
- Improving cost control through materials and Energy
- Reducing Environmental Incidents which results in reputation, liability etc
- Improve Image with Authorities
- Improve Employee ethics
- Improve awareness in the society
VEGAS CG Certification Process
VEGAS CG has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know more information about the certification process by VEGAS CG