Energy Management System
ISO 50001:2011, Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, is a voluntary International Standard developed by ISO (International Organization for Standardization). ISO 50001 gives organizations the requirements for energy management systems (EnMS). ISO 50001 provides benefits for organizations large and small, in both public and private sectors, in manufacturing and services, in all regions of the world. ISO 50001 will establish a framework for industrial plants, commercial, institutional, and governmental facilities and entire organizations to manage energy. Targeting broad applicability across national economic sectors, it is estimated that the standard could influence up to 60 % of the world’s energy use.
How would you continuously improve energy efficiency?
ISO 50001 energy management standard identifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, sustain and improve an Energy Management System (EnMS), this enables the organization to take a deliberate approach to attaining continual improvement of energy performance.
This new standard will establish an international structure to help manage the energy supply, uses and intake of industrial, commercial, or institutional organizations, which includes measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for energy using equipment, systems and processes. ISO 50001 energy management standard is applicable to all aspects impacting energy use, and this can be monitored and influenced by an organisation.
Having a certification against BS EN 16001 will assist to adopt ISO 50001 faster
Enables organizations to establish the systems and processes required to improve energy commandment, which includes energy efficiency, use, consumption and intensity.
Reductions in energy cost, GHG emissions and other environmental impacts, through the systematic management of energy.
Demonstrate that the organization implemented sustainable energy management systems, completed a baseline of energy use, and focused on continuously improve their energy vividness.
Who can Use ISO 50001 ?
ISO 50001 is designed by the experts which can be used by any organisation, irrespective of their size or geographical location.
How Vegas CG Can Help You ?
You get much more than just a certificate with Vegas CG as your audit and certification partner, Vegas CG provides valuable tools to reduce documentation, and helps identify cost savings, and provides assistance in avoiding deviation of an original process.
Our Team of experts function as part of your management team and help your orginisation achieve greater benefits of the management system.
VCG shall initially review the client enquiry and send them a questionnaire for their completion. Based on the completed questionnaire from the client VCG will take a decision for certification, for which a quote will be sent to the client for 3 years of certification period.Click here to know about more information of the certification process.
Stages of Certification Conformity Assessment
STAGE 1 – Document review & Initial visit
- To verify how well the organisation has understood requirements of the standard and there progress.
- Collect information on the scope of the management system, organisations related statutory, regulatory and legal compliance aspects.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Man-day by the audit team.
- The Duration for Stage 2 Audit will be decided based on the Non-Conformance raised during Stage 1.
STAGE 2 -Initial Assessment – On Site
- To evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of your management system.
- To evidence that the management system conforms to the standard & other requirements.
- Conformance to internal auditing and management review management responsibility for your organisation’s policies
- The Report records the results of the assessment, any areas for improvement and any identified and agreed non-conformities.
- Detailed Report will be prepared and communicated by end of the Audit day by the audit team.
Themed Surveillance Audit
To make sure your management system is still effective, and to follow up on the progress that has been made since last visit. Visits occur at regular intervals of 1yrs from date of previous audit.
The surveillance visits aim to confirm that the approved management system continues to:
- To be maintained
- To be operational
- Deliver continual improvements.
A detailed report will be submitted by the assessor’s team including long term improvement, record findings, Feedback to senior management. System weaknesses & impact that can adversely on the business.