ISO 9001-Quality Management System
Among all the modern Management Systems ISO 9001- Quality Management System stands foremost in the world. This system enables the companies to maintain excellent procedures in order to meet customer needs at the global level in terms of Quality and Standards.
Customers are increasingly becoming quality-conscious shoppers. They want to know up front that your business will meet their needs. A certified Quality Management System demonstrates your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Implementing a Quality Management System will help you enhance customer satisfaction, achieve consistency, and improve internal processes. It can minimize the risk that customer expectations are not met.
Quality Management system
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is the most popular standard in the ISO 9000 series and the only standard in the series to which organizations can certify.
ISO 9001 was first published in 1987 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), an international agency composed of the national standards bodies of more than 160 countries. The current version of ISO 9001 was released in September 2015.
Organizations certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard will have a three-year period to transition to ISO 9001:2015. When the transition period ends in September 2018, ISO 9001:2008 certificates will no longer be valid
What topics does ISO 9001:2015 cover?
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization. Specific sections of the standard contain information on topics such as:
Requirements for a quality management system, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
The ISO 9001:2015 Version of the standard brings the user a number of benefits.
For example, ISO 9001:2015:
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organization
Eight Quality Management Principles
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach
- Continual Improvement
- Fact based decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
Key Benefits of ISO 9001
It offers the following advantages
- Boosts your image
- Increases sales
- Improves your earnings
- Lessens operational cost
- Increases customer satisfaction
- Enhances better management skills
- Maximizes efficiency