API Spec Q1
ISO 9001 Vs API Spec Q1 For the Oil And Gas Industry:
As manufacturing industry standards evolve over time, Our task as a quality management professional becomes more challenging with updates of the standard. Quality management standards undergo a fundamental shift once in a while. Recently, updates to the oil and natural gas industry’s standard API Spec Q1 9th Edition are a great example of such a sea change in quality management.
API Spec Q1 9th Edition:
The American Petroleum Institute (API) develops many standards for Oil & Natural Gas industry. Certifying for API Spec Q1 & Q2 Qualifies an organization to work in Oil and Natural Gas industry.
The API published its latest version of API Spec Q1 in June 2013, and organization that wishes to remain certified to API’s quality standardsAPI Spec Q1 9th Edition takes a different approach to quality management by bringing risk assessment and risk management to the new edition to help business owners.
Key differences between API Spec Q1 9th Edition and ISO 9001
The ISO 9001 Series considerers A Process-Focused Approach, But API Spec Q1 9th Edition considers A Process-And-Risk-Management Approach.
7 Key Differences Between ISO 9001 And API Spec Q1 9th Edition:
The risk is the most business-critical element added to the latest version of API Spec Q1. API Spec Q1 deviates from the classic ISO 9001 series, but the end results of a compliant quality management system are still the same.
Controlling The Supply Chain
Validation Of Designs
Management Of Change
Formalizing Employee Competency And Training Of Personnel
Reinforcing Risk Assessment And Risk Management Throughout The Standard
Introduction to the Training:
Vegas CG conducts API QMS Lead Auditor and Internal Auditor workshop based training session for API standards and certifications. An opportunity to learn from the best in the Oil & Gas industry about getting certified and implementing API Quality Management System.
Who Can Attend the Training:
- Organizations / Personnel is interested in API Certification.
- API Monogram Licensees / API Applicants
- Quality Assurance Personnel, Management Representative.
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment.
- API – Quality Management System Auditors.
- A person who wish to implement or maintain API Monogram & QMS in their organization.
- Students (Graduate, post-graduate) & others.
- Management Representatives.
Course Approach & Methodology:
- Workshop based training, combining various techniques like:
- Live Discussions, Brain Storming, Case Studies
- Exercises, Readings & Sharing Practical Experiences
- Best in Class Audit Practices
- Mock Audits & Feedback session from the above exercises
- Introduction to API Quality Management System
- API Monogram Program requirements, API QMS Internal Auditor Certification
- Overview of ISO 9000 series& API Spec Q1
- Brief discussion and training on QMS 9001: 2015, API Spec Q1, 9th edition requirements
- Audit planning Audit techniques for QMS.
- Audit protocol; Recording and reporting non-conformances
- Preparing audit reports and records, Evaluating Audit non-conformities
- Corrective action and audit close out process
- Audit follow-up; Group presentation & case studies Role play; Written examination
- Vegas CG is an experienced organization in the field of oil and gas, offers training, consultation and implementation services to a wide range of customers; operating from the various global customer.
- American Petroleum Institute’s (API) Spec Q1, Specification for Quality Programs, allows companies to meet current customer requirements or forge new client relationships by becoming an API Spec Q1 registered organization. If your organization manufactures products or provides industry services requiring an API Monogram, Reva Phoenix can train, implement, document, verify and audit a management system conformant to API Spec Q1 requirements.
- Vegas CG with its Global client base and implementation practices has standards experts who have intricate and successful experience guiding entities through quality management system assessments and implementations.
- By a thorough review of Level 01 to Level 4 documents – records, files, procedures and other critical documentation of current processes and requirements of API Spec Q1 allows being customized to your Organizations working culture.
- Our Expertise performs accurate gap assessment, existing non-conformities and/or lack of data in comparison to a current system, and develop documentation that to close identified gaps from that analysis. Mentoring and internal audit training are implemented, in turn allowing your entity to generate necessary records to achieve API Spec Q1 compliance.
- API Spec Q1 internal audit and corrective action are other sub-deliverables, provides in its comprehensive solution package, enabling your entity to enter an external audit with a level of organization and confidence.